Thursday, January 19, 2012

Talk about being transparent...

***UPDATES BELOW*** 

In my quest to be more intentional, I have made it a priority to make my home welcoming and comfortable for both my family and visitors. I have been working very diligently to create functional spaces by de-cluttering and organizing, thus making numerous trips to Goodwill with my trunk filled to overflowing! The rooms in my home are slowly starting to feel cozy and warm, and the simplicity of them are very calming.

I don't know why this happens, but it seems like the master bedroom always gets neglected... nothing on the walls, oldest furniture, oldest curtains, disorganized, and basically, a dumping ground.

I have a desire to create an intimate, stress-free room for my husband and myself. How can I relax and spend intentional time with my husband when there are clothes everywhere, shoes everywhere, and furniture that is screaming out "I need re-finished"! Okay, perhaps the furniture isn't a priority, but you get the point...

In my effort to be completely transparent and real as I can be, I will be shamefully putting pictures of my bedroom as it looks today. This will contribute to my motivation to transform this room into a tranquil space that my hard-working husband deserves to relax in and that creates an environment where we can spend quality time with one another.

So without further ado...

****UPDATE**** Not nearly complete... but wanted to share some progress!! I now have four bags to go to Goodwill and about two bags of things to sell at the consignment store... hurray for simplicity!!














There you have it, folks.... the ugly duckling of my home. I am looking forward to continuing this journey with you as I work to make intentional choices in both my life and home!

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love the way you put things. I am so super exctied to see what you do to transform and by the way, i am much the same with our master bedroom. I hate the way I neglect it. Good luck girly . .thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness someone replied... I was beginning to think all my friends were DE-friending me because they realized my room looked like a hog pen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Michelle! I love that you're keeping yourself in check. I think we're all guilty of ignoring our bedroom. If it makes you feel any better I cleaned out our closet yesterday because it had a four inch high pile of clothes, shoes, toys, fabric and other craft items.

    ReplyDelete