Monday, January 16, 2012

Where do I start?

I have made my resolution for 2012 fairly vague for a reason... it's hard to fail! I would like to live a more intentional, purpose-driven life. This spills over into every area of my life: relationship with the Lord, being a Godly wife and mother, being a loyal friend, effectively managing my home (including housekeeping and meal preparation), decreasing spending and increasing saving, and taking better care of my body. That seems pretty manageable, right, right?!

I don't boast when I say I usually set myself up for failure. I make to-do lists that an Olympic athlete couldn't achieve and become discouraged when I fail at completing my lofty expectations. A large part of my resolution is to set up reasonable goals for myself, so that I can see minor achievements and feel productive.

I have started reading THIS BOOK by the Money Saving Mom and have already came up with so many ideas on how to simplify my life and invest my time, money, and resources into a more intentional way of living.

I will be recording my journey on this blog in hopes that others will use my experiences to enter into a more purpose driven way of life!

-Michelle

2 comments: