Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Handmade treasures..

About a year and a half ago, I started a small handmade business with a friend where we created all kinds of things. I loved coming up with new ideas and finding unique inspiration to make hand crafted creations. I would scour the internet looking for ideas of what to make next. I always found things I wanted to make for my children or my home, but never had time when I was keeping up with our small business. Now that I have left the business, I have time to experiment with all the creations I never got to do before! 

The one piece that I always wanted to try was the rag quilt. There are a lot of variations to a rag quilt, but like most projects, I came up with my own unique way of completing this. I will be loosely using "THIS TUTORIAL" to complete the project, although I am using cotton, flannel, and a muslin fabric. 

In April we have family coming in from Indiana, who will be bringing two twin beds for Camille's room. These are beds that they would like to be kept in the family, so I am super excited about the sentiment that comes with them! My goal is to have the quilts finished by the time the beds are delivered, so if I accomplish that feat, I will be pleased!

I will attempt to take pictures as I chronicle my journey into the world of quilting.

Here are the fabrics for the quilt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment